Saturday, May 2, 2009

Packing List Part 3: Hygiene

This was a difficult part of the packing list because I don't want to bring too much of anything, but I don't want to bring not enough. So for the past month, I've been monitoring how much of each hygiene product I use, and now I'm packing that amount multiplied by three.

Liquid Items:
  • 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner (one full regular sized bottle)
  • deodorant (1 new one plus 1 half used)
  • facewash (I still have not decided how much is an appropriate amount. Will I be washing my face more or less often?)
  • Purell (jumbo bottle plus one travel sized container)
  • toothpaste (1 new one plus 1 half used)
Dry Items:
  • quick dry towel
  • tampons (I'm over estimating and bringing like 70, but imagine running out?)
  • Blistex (the one with SPF 15)
  • tooth brush (and a fresh one)
  • pre-wrap
  • a few headbands
  • lots of hair elastics
  • tweezers
  • nail clippers
  • Q-tips

(Packing List Part 1: Medicine)
(Packing List Part 2: Comfort Items)

2 comments:

  1. LOL I had two girls come through a register at work today with twenty boxes of sanitary pads. They said they were going to Africa and needed to stock up. You can never have too many supplies when it comes to the time of the month, especially when you are overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurker here--as long as we're talking periods, I'd recommend the diva cup--it's all you need, no waste issues, as long as you have access to clean water and a private bathroom on a regular basis, you're set. It will save you a ton of packing room and hassle.

    ReplyDelete