Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Packing List Part 1: Medicines

Instead of studying for exams, I spent a lot of time over the past few weeks arduously compiling a packing list.

Kidding. Of course I studied a lot. Huge studying. Hi mom.

Anyway, I was at the mall on the weekend to try to find appropriate skirts. I noticed that Shopper's Drug Mart was having 15 times the reward points so I thought I'd pick up a bunch of items I'll be taking with me.

This list was compiled on the advice of my travel doctor, my regular doctor, and about 20 other bloggers. Thanks, internet! (That said, if you're going to Africa you should probably talk to your own doctor because I'm not a medical professional and blah blah blah no suing.)


Regular essentials:

  • vitamin C
  • Polysporin
  • Band-aids
  • Advil
  • sunscreen
  • bug spray
  • aloe vera
  • After Bite
  • scissors
Special items for Africa:
  • Gastrolyte (rehydrating crystals)
  • Malaria pills (by prescription)
  • Ciprofloxacin (by prescription)
Just in case section:
  • Canesten
  • Pepto-Bismol
  • Immodium
  • throat lozenges
And of course, I can't forget to pack photocopies of all prescriptions and my form that says I've been vaccinated for Yellow Fever.

1 comment:

  1. hi, im a lurker, but im just back from west africa. i would say get some of the propel water flavor packets (they are small and easy to carry) - they do a fab job of electrolyte balancing.

    also - hand sanitizer.

    ReplyDelete