Friday, May 22, 2009

The grade tens are hilarious. The other teachers have told me they misbehave more often than the grade nines, and don't usually perform all that well on tests.

The school is only two years old, so there grade tens will always be the oldest. That's got to affect something, right? Anyway, I can't say I prefer one class over the other. They both have their separate charms. Today I took the tens for p.e and played Steal the Bacon (thanks, Lacey!). They think almost everything is hilarious. They chose team names Lions and Cheetahs- which are the exact team names the grade nines chose. Whenever they fought over rules they'd say, teacha, teacha!

On the way back to class they were all, 'teacha, teacha, I will carry the ball' and 'teacha, teacha, what was that game called?' The grade tens always sneak touches of my hair. Today they decided to finally talk shop. 'Teacha, teacha, how do you get your hair so smooth?' I answered that it's just like that. 'Teacha, teacha, be honest, what do you buy?' I said I don't buy anything, it is just like that when it dries out after a shower.

I feel like I should interject here by saying I currently am shampooing about twice a week (mainly because there is no hot water, so my showers are rarely longer than 30 seconds) and that I usually use a bit o' something to tame the wild frizz but that I brought no such something to Africa. In short, my hair is nasty. The girls finally either believed me or gave up their quest for the truth, and just started patting my head and saying, 'teacha, teacha, it's so beautiful.' Having 34 tenth graders tell you your hair is beautiful makes for a pretty good day.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha...probably just as well that you didn't bring all the supplies for creating good hair...they would be too distracted by your beauty to concentrate.

    6 more days of crutches for me...woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete