Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ready To Go songs

They say the fogs come to the mountains in July, and today the weather verified that claim. In the morning, its so foggy that you can't see more than a few metres in front of you. You hear footsteps approaching on the path long before you see the owner of the feet.

As the day goes on, the fog eventually goes away, and around midday there are some really beautiful pictures begging to be taken. There's a giant church right near my house, and the fog makes the lines seem a bit blurred so that the whole thing looks like something out of Super Mario level 7. You know what I'm talking about. The castle level. It's pretty cool, and I've kind of gotten a little artsy with the angles. The white makes an awesome backlight for silhouette shots. (Aside to my cousin Britt, your CD has been great inspiration, too!) I think I'm going to have to start saving up/asking for a DSLR as a graduation present or something. Just 9 months away!

Both my exams have already been written, so I'm just spending the next few days marking them. So far I've been really impressed. In physics there is a 99% and an 100%! On Friday they're having a farewell lunch for me, and then I'm off to Kikima for the weekend, then on Sunday I head to Nairobi. Then, on Tuesday I fly home! I'm only here at school for two more nights, which is soon but also a while.

On the final day of a certain somebody else's visit, the certain somebody else was humming John Legend's "Ready to Go Right Now" ALL DAY (but it's okay, but I like that song), but now I totally get it because I've been singing Rilo Kiley's "Pictures of Success" all day. (Chorus is: "I'm ready to go" over and over) And I've still got a week go to! By the way, that's a fantastic song, so you should go love it.

I'm getting pretty excited to catch up on all the music that came out this summer. I also realized I have THREE MONTHS worth of xkcd to read! The only thing more exciting than that is lasagna, vegetables on the barbeque, ice cream, and nachos. Actually, let's get real here. I can't wait for fast internet most of all. Oh, and to wash my Achilles heel. Those babies are crusty with perma-dirt. Um, I mean, most important is all the people I love and miss.

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome for mentioning xkcd. Thanks for all of your work with this blog; it's helped me keep in mind tons of things for my Ethiopian adventure. Good luck with your final week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, up until 'Super Mario level 7', it sounded almost like the beginning of a Kerouac book. Don't worry, you've got a couple more terms of engineering to kill the artsy in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I know you are excited to leave but your new friends and all the kids are going to be so sad to see you leave. I think you might get a suprise yourself. I bet you will be sad, but happy when your last day comes. Good for some of your students doing so well on their exam. They deserve a lot of credit but so do you. I will miss your blog but I can`t wait for the book. xo Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome writing Lisa! I think you'll be dangerous with a DSLR. The good kind of dangerous, of course. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plus 3 months worth of Better out than In :-)

    PS - I got your postcard last week - very fab! Thanks xox

    ReplyDelete