Thursday, June 4, 2009

Malaria and Machakos

Today during first period, the business teacher for form one wasn't around so I greedily swooped in on his class time. I say greedily but I mean calmly, since the other teachers think I'm crazy to want extra time with them. It was nice to just have a whole period of doing examples, and calling people up to the board, and having factoring races. Seriously, you add a racing component to anything and these girls are all over it. As I left the class I did a little two-handed-clasp-shake-over-each-shoulder (that is a hard motion to describe) in victory of the business teacher being away. Then it turns out he also has malaria and now I feel terrible, but not so much so as to regret the fun of the expand-and-collect-like-terms race. Because it was the best. Plus, he was back in the afternoon, because he just had a mild, easily treatable case.

In other news, I am going to Machakos tomorrow- a city so big that google maps has heard of it! Tonight I will dream of the variety of fruits and vegetables I am sure to find. Fingers crossed on apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment