Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Half way

Yesterday was the midpoint between when I arrived and when I leave. 42 days left! Simultaneously I feel like ALREADY? and STILL HALF LEFT?

I kind of wanted to celebrate the date, so I was going to buy some cokes for all the teachers, but them thought that might be too, ooh, celebrate me, so I just got them all mandazis instead. They're like 8 cents each, and delicious. It's basically just deep dried flour and water, I guess, but so good. The first time I tried one was a few weeks ago, when Jessica bought me one. Now Winnie and I get one every now and then for breakfast. I put peanut butter on mine. The best!

Anyway, half way!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats on the half way point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it halfway through. Mandazis kind of sound and look like Navajo fry bread, which I ate like crazy when I worked on the reservation. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa!!!! I miss you so much. I had a girl talk with Katie last night. I need you! Ahaha. Anyways, I'm really excited for you to get back, and I hope you continue to have a really good time! We should have a pool party at my house to celebrate your return. Yes? Ok good. I'm glad you agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa.. has that gone by fast or what!? Before you know it you'll be back in Canada and you'll be saying to people, "Hey, remember that time I went to Kenya?" Ask Rob, I always say to him, "Hey Rob, remember that time we went to India?" Anyway... point: enjoy the last half of your trip. Take every negative thing and consider the positive aspects, because those are what you'll want to remember when you come back!
    -G

    ReplyDelete